- Added option in Settings to toggle visibility and set color of major and minor grid lines on all graphs.
- Improved handling of post-buckling analysis. If string lockup occurs, earlier versions displayed an error message and aborted the calculation. Now the calculation is performed to a point where string tension (compression) is greater than the available string weight above that point (i.e. surface tension = 0). All calculations are completed and a warning is displayed for each operational model where lockup occurs.
- Input now also validated before executing the calculation. In case of invalid input (e.g. no survey data or string elements), calculation is aborted and all input warnings are displayed.
- Added check to Drillstring; if Tool ID > Tool OD, calculation is aborted and a warning is displayed.
- Correction in Settings. If checkbox for ‘Make current setting my defaults’ was left unchecked, settings were incorrectly saved. This caused settings in the file to be ignored and all settings to revert to the default when opening a file.
- Small correction in Stiff String calculation.
- Corrected small bug in graph scaling (zoom, unzoom and pan). If zooming was reset, ‘Manual Scaling’ in Settings was not reset.
- No new program features.
- For all graphs (Tension, Torque & Normal Force), axis increments and minor tick count are now adjusted according to displayed value range (after calculation and after zooming) for improved display of grid lines.
- Added option to select program appearance to Utility menu. Options are Default (Softdrill_NL) and High Resolution. High Resolution is optimized for HD (4K) screens.
- Program settings (selected appearance and toolbar button size) are now persisted between program uses. I.e. these settings are restored the next time the program is opened.
- Force Settings dialog box to open on first tab sheet.
- The Settings dialog box is now sized so that graph settings fit in the lower grid (i.e. no scrollbar is displayed).
- Created new file format with improved storing of logo’s in TDrag file. This prevents an error when (re-)opening files on computers with certain language and character set settings (e.g. Cyrillic).
- The new file format is NOT backward compatible. FILES CREATED WITH THIS VERSION CAN NO LONGER BE OPENED IN PREVIOUS VERSIONS.
- Correct error when loading logo with [Select logo…] button in Settings dialog box.
- If User or Company logo was changed in hte Settings dialog box by using Delete in the right-click menu or by Copy & Paste, the new logo was not correctly saved.
- Corrected group header text in Casing and DC lookup dialog to show actual OD value.
- Corrected display of Custom Catalog View in Lookup dialog box (Casing, Drill Collar, etc.). Columns now allowed to extend beyond right edge of grid.
- No new program features.
- Adjustments for high DPI displays.
- Some internal improvements and optimizations (calculations).
- About TDrag dialog box incorrectly displayed on high DPI displays.
- Option for floating (air filled) drillstring elements.
- Parameters grid now correctly sized to avoid scrollbar.
- Prior to calculating, all pending changes in table views (grids) are saved to the model.
- Fixed error message for Data Reader (Index Out of Bounds) when all series for Trip Log calculation are unselected (e.g. only ORT selected in Single Depth calculation and then switching to Trip Log calculation).
- Integrated Help.
- Safety Factor input now as a percentage, which is converted internally.
- Multiple tool types allowed (i.e. not just Drill Collar, HWDP, Drill Pipe or Casing). Where applicable, the tool type is mapped to the appropriate lookup tables.
- Improved Torque & Drag form layout. The Case Information group box may now be collapsed to have more screen space available (e.g. when viewing charts).
- Data input for block and sheaves data now directly on Torque & Drag form (previously in separate dialog box).
- Various cells in data grids (numeric input) now have a drop-down calculator.
- Added data navigator bar to the data grid in the Actual Data dialog box.
- Changed menu item caption from ‘Conversions’ to ‘Units of Measurement’ in the main menu.
- Display a more descriptive error message when attempting to leave a grid cell blank that requires a data value.
- The header for the Actual Weight (Act. Wt.) column in the drill string grid was incorrectly changed to ‘Tension Limit’ after changing units of measurement.
- Corrected axes on the Tension / Torque / Normal Force chart to align correctly with the Inclination / DLS chart.
- Column headers in Tortuosity grid were not updated after changing units of measurement.
- Error message when attempting to change units of measurement with Case Information group box collapsed.
- The Include Block Weight option in the Chart Menu did work.
- Corrected label for Target Operational Mode combo-box in Calculate Friction Factor dialog box.
- Data in Actual Data dialog box was not correctly formatted.
This is a cumulative update. All prior versions may be skipped.
- Improved user notifications on calculation errors, input errors and input warnings (auto-corrected).
- In some (extreme) cases, Normal Force values could increase towards infinity (string “lock up”). Error now trapped (calculation aborted) and shown to user.
Replaces version 5.2.2. This is a cumulative update. All prior versions may be skipped.
Option to include block weight and sheave corrections in surface tensions (indicated weight).
Improved report layouts (grid lines).
Improved user interface.
Several improvements to user interface. New layout and more useful edit controls (e.g. calculator edits for numeric data entries).
Improved resetting of form (clearing results and graphs) when invalidating TDrag model (when modifying data).
Corrected skinning (colors and layout) of several dialog boxes.
Several (minor) bug fixes in user interface.
Improved detection of missing/invalid input when validating input, just before calculating TDrag model.
Fixed some memory leaks.
Replaces version 5.2.1. This is a cumulative update. All prior versions may be skipped.
Implemented new tool bar. Improved design and graphics.
Added New From Template and Save As Template options. File – New no longer asks for template file to use.
Fixed incorrect assignment of large button images on main form.
History of recent files now stored in C:ProgramDataSoftdrill NLMRU folder. Originally this was stored in the Windows registry which may cause a problem if the user has insufficient access rights to the registry. Now fully compliant with MS Windows design requirements.
Release with new features and further improvements. Fully replaces version 5.0.1.
New and improved lookup data for Drill Pipe, HWDP, Drill Collar and Casing/Tubing.
Added option to build user-defined catalogues for above pipe classes.
Pipe lookup data now shared among all Softdrill NL programs.
Definitions of random tortuosity now sorted by depth.
Corrected appearance of message boxes to be similar to general program appearance.
Release with several new features and improvements.
Option to apply random tortuosity to (parts of) the wellbore. Typically this is applied to wellplans to simulate actual survey data that typically has more variation (i.e. small DLS variances).
Improved post-buckling analysis.
Several minor internal and external (“cosmetic”) improvements to the user interface and reports.
Corrected some errors on printed reports.
Software protected by the CodeMeter licensing system. All previous installations and the Sentinel HASP licensing system should be completely removed before installing this version.
New user interface.
Fully modernized user interface.
Print torque OD on report.
Only print input parameters relevant to the operational mode (i.e. hide zero values).
Fixed bug that prevented hole sections and drillstring sections to be hidden on graphs.
Fixed various color settings in user interface.
Grid lines on graphs always grey.
This release is a roll up. All previous releases may be skipped.
Added Torque OD field for input of tool joint OD, stabilizer gauge etc. Field used for torque calculation only.
Added data reader to graph. Reader can be shown/hidden and snaps to selected data curve.
Added option to set chart (graph) background color to settings dialog box.
Actual data now sorted by MD for correct plotting.